Subject: [Leica] R8 flash sync
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 23:02:49 -0500

Dave, are you aware that the R8, like many new electronic cameras, has a
low sync voltage?  Anything over 25 volts could fry the circuitry.  If
you are using older strobe systems you need to get a thing that
regulates/reduces..whatever...the voltage.  I have one from Lumedyne,
Wein also makes one.

If you want more info I'll look in my lite kit tomorrow and tell you the
exact name and part number.

Also if you are using on camera flash be sure it is a newer strobe...the
old 283's and their ilk are pretty high voltage also.  The newer ones are
ok.

On 7/8/99 9:10 PM DAVE YODER wrote:

>Got it last month, three year
>warranty, just noticed today the flash sync isn't working anymore.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net