Subject: [Leica] Re: Monopods (somewhat off topic)
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 07:21:14 -0400

I'm 6'5" and I have an old Bogen with a Leica small ball head on top that
is tall enough for me. Sometimes I add a Bogan "flexhead" on top of the
ball head. I don't remember the model# of the monopod and it is now
unreadable.

Ken Wilcox

At 08:17 PM 7/8/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I hope the membership can help me in my quest.
>
>I'm looking for a monopod but I have yet to find one of a suitable size.  I
>want it to be telescoping for transportability, but I also want it to be
>quite tall at maximum extension.  I'm 6'3".  My eyes are approximately 5'9"
>(69") off the ground.  Allowing for the height of an M6 that means I want a
>monopod that extends to between 64" and 66".  As you may guess I'm trying
>to avoid bending excessively.  I've not located one this large, although by
>cobbling together a tall monopod and various combinations of tripod heads I
>can come up with something that may work.  However, I'm looking for
>something as aesthetically pleasing as it is servicable.
>
>Is there anything out there that fits my requirements?
>
>Dave

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>