Subject: Re: [Leica] Polaroid -- off topic
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 23:57:19 -0400

Gib Robinson wrote:

> When we travel out of the country, I often take a Polaroid camera so I can
> give an instant snapshot to people whom I photograph. I've run many rolls of
> SX-70 film through my aging Polaroid and I'd love to replace it with
> something of better quality. Is there a Polaroid with a good lens available
> or, better yet, did anyone ever make a Polaroid back for an R series camera?
>
> --Gib

Calumet is selling the Polaroid 690 SLR at a close-out price of $150. It
uses the 600 High Definition film. I believe that Polaroid has made
several other films that work with this system that enable you to write
on them. I have one and use it for the same reason you outlined as well
as documenting studio set-ups, photographing backgrounds to show
clients, quick pix of potential models to show art directors,
documentation of my landscaping and garden at different bloom times,
etc. I love it and wonder how I went without one for so long. They used
to sell for around $400 before the close-out. Well worth considering.
Hope this helps.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/