Subject: Re: [Leica] David Turnley pt 2
From: "javalee" <javalee@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:21:52 -0700

Just got back from day 2 of the 2 weekend workshop

He shoots mostly with Ms.  28 is his favorite and mostly B&W
I had ask when he uses SLRs and when Ms.. expecting an answer like 'when I
need longer lens'...
The reply was, when he shoots chromes andI dont want to think too much abt
exposure.
The next question was ' Why  Canons??', the reply was 'they gave it to me'.
btw, he has Nikon SLRs as well.

Everyone edited his/her slides from yesterday,  David then re-edited them
(took him 3 hrs)..had a slide show, discussions, critques, etc..

Mostly everyone from yesterday session who didn't/cudn't go up to a stranger
(at arms length) and shoot did today.. except me.
I sweat even thinking abt it.  He offered to work with me to overcome this
fear 1 on 1 next week shooting in the park..

He told us he had the same fear when he was 17..
He felt the only way to overcome this is to face it head on.  One day he
decided he would go up to any stranger he wanted to take a shot of (at arms
lenght) and shoot.  The rest is history

hope u guys find this interesting... or just tell me to shut up.

Ting