Subject: [Leica] a very long delay to repair my M6
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 08:53:28 +0200

My M6 broke on May 27th : a spring under the shutter speed dial.Cost of the
spring : 56.64 FRF ( 9 USD).Cost of the workmanship : 1071.05 FRF (170 USD)
plus tax (20.6 %).
I don't discuss the bill : Leica has the best lenses, the best cameras
and... the best service center in the world I suppose.
But what a delay, friends ! The same day my camera has been sent to Leica
France and today (July 9th) my camera is still at the Leica Service Center
'cause they are waiting... for the spring !!! Moreover they say : "nous
faisons le pont" (= "we are making the bridge", a french expression to say :
"we are making a long week-end of July 14th".
I'll receive my M6 on july 20th but too late for my summer holidays.

Happily I have my good old C***N EOS !

Dominique Pellissier