Subject: [Leica] Which to choose, SL or SL2?
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:33:47 +0200

Hi, all.  I have been an R user but know very little about Leicaflex.  Now I
am in the mood of trying an SL or an SL2.  I have a couple of questions.

1) Are there any differences between SL and SL2 in real shooting?  I read in
"Leica Answers" that SL2 has a more sensitive meter, a viewscreen with a
split-image, a readout for aperture in the viewfinder, and a mirror
re-pivoting to allow protruding lenses.  Does SL2 feel much better than SL?
I would assume that SL2mot is a collector's item....

2) I heard that once SL/SL2 needs repair, one often has to pay as much as
one paid for the camera.  Are the parts still available?  Does repair
generally cost very much?

3) Something special to check or bear in mind when buying one?

Thank you for your advice and suggestions!

Mikiro
Strasbourg, France