Subject: Re: [Leica] Click stops on 28mm f5.6 Summaron?
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:27:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Doug Richardson wrote:

> Does the 28mm f5.6 Summaron have click stops?
>
> I've seen three examples of this lens - the first didn't have click
> stops, the second did, and the third didn't.
>
> Were there two versions of this lens - one with click stops and one
> without?
>

> Regards,
>
> Doug Richardson

Many years a go I was traded a newer version 50mm f/1.4 Summilux
for my M4. Although this version had half click stops as well as
full click stops mine only had the full stops clicking. E. Leitz
did me a favour and put the half clicks in it. Looking back
I guess I could have had one of the only "newer version" 50mm
f/1.4 Summilux lenses without half click stops. But then
as a picture making machine the half clicks helped.
Ed