Subject: Re: [Leica] Old and New ASA Speeds
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 00:10:17 EDT

Ken, You are right. When I started shooting in 1957 my 'teacher," an old
grizzled photo journalist gave me a bag of Tri-X and said" What a piece of
crap, no film rated at such a high speed can be any good. 200 ASA, grain must
be like golfballs!" Well, he did change his mind later and switched from
Ilford HPS and Super XX and learned to like that newfangled film after all. I
still use it and now I actually rate it at 400 ASA, wonder what he would have
made of that?
Tom A