Subject: Re: [Leica] pecker?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 19:33:09 -0700

csocolow wrote:
>><snip>
> Pecker is a movie by John Waters. It's about a kid who's an amateur
> photographer in Baltimore and is "discovered" by the New York art world.
> He's made an instant celebrity. John Waters resists no opportunity to
> poke fun at sacred cows, to illustrate his films with Baltimore's fringe
> cultures and to generally make a good piece of satire. It's funny. Has
> its moments of tastelessness but not grossly offensive and the kid,
> Pecker, actually has some nice street-style photos.
> --
> Carl Socolow

I brings up some interesting issues about being a photographer and
what photography is and does that no other flick has. But
unfortunately I disagree, Carl, with you on the effectiveness of the
film as I feel little of it "works" and it just comes across as inept.
I came close to trying to calling up John Waters on the phone and
demanding my $3.33 rental back! I like most of his films.
Mark Rabiner