Subject: Re:[Leica]:APO Summicron ASPH 90/2;first impressions
From: Alex van Hulsenbeek <sanderva@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:54:09 +0000 (GMT)

Just got back my E100S slides of an afternoon shoot
with my new APO Summicron ASPH 90/2 on my
M6HM(classic).

Conditions: sunny, very few clouds, end afternoon.
Used full opening if light permitted.

Sharpness: slides look awesome sharp, unto the very
corners. Could not wish for more I guess.

Contrast: very contrasty, in fact like pictures made
with a very good (24ASPH) wide angle.The lens picks up
so much contrast that the film sometimes cannot handle
it: shadows get very dark.

Portraits: look very promising and natural, especially
a few taken inside.

Bokeh: looks smooth and pleasant. When objects in
distance are unsharp, there is a nice feeling of 3
dimensions.

Ergonomics: quite a 'handfull ' compared tor the now
traded in Elmarit 2.8/90. Is a little squatter and
shorter than the Summicron 90/2 NonAsph. Camera, when
hanging from a strap, has a tendency to tip  over,
because of the weight of the lens. A chrome version
(not announced as far as I know) would IMHO be too
heavy.

Insides: one sees the rollers of the diaphragm blades,
which is unusual. Diaphragm-opening is nice and round.

In Amsterdam, Holland, the lens is now available in
several shops. I already saw three items.

This is just a (innocent) user-report, so please don't
quote me!
But thought you all might be interested.

Sander van Hulsenbeek
Amsterdam, Holland

(please use vanhulsenbeek@wxs.nl for personal