Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Prices on E-Bay
From: "Bill O'Connell" <woc2@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 00:17:47 -0400

Dave,
  The way Ebay works you need only set your limit and if it goes higher - either
by real or shill bids, you get bumped out and it only cost you air time.
  When I bid on something I set MY max price and enter it.  If it goes past that
amount, so be it.  If someone is scamming and bumping the price then they end up
buying their own product - thus no one wins.  Some will even tell you their
reserve either directly or as a percentage of list price (which they quote), or
just start the price where they want it..  Basically, if you see a 50 noct and you
are willing to spend 1,500 on it then enter it.  If the bidding never gets above
1000, you get it for 1000.  If it gets to 1,501 you lose but you set the limit.
No arm twisting, no inflating your amount by anyone else.
  I have yet to sell anything on Ebay, just bought and so far so good - although
my M50 2.0 w/hood may make it there soon if it does not go away on the Friday
Sale, hint, hint. :->
Bill