Subject: [Leica] M6 shutter release
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:08:21 -0400 (EDT)

Are M6 shutter releases inherently less smooth than those on an M4 or
M4-P?  My only experience with an M6 is the one I have owned for a few
months. Prior to that I had used an M4 and M4-P for some years; both of
those had a silky-smooth release. This M6 has a little "catch" to it;
one has to be careful when partially depressing to turn on the meter or
it will go right through the "catch" point and release the shutter
prematurely; and a certain care must be exercised to avoid a little
jarring impact when the shutter is finally released, of concern at
slower shutter speeds.

Does this seem like normal behavior of an M6?

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble