Subject: Re: [Leica] SF-20 Flash
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 02:06:04 +0800

Jeffcoat Photography wrote:

> Dr. J. Yao: I use the Metz 40MZ 3i with the R-8. Although a larger unit it
> will give you as little or as much (up to a guide # of about 135 w/ asa 100
> film) light as you need. The SF20 is a  metz unit but only with 3-stops of
> power and a very low guide # (some where around 40 or 50). I think the idea
> was for a small unit to work with the M-system and the R-8 usage is just a
> bonus.
> Cheers Wilber

Wilber,

I absolutely agree with you.  The standard flash for my R8 is also the
Metz 40MZ3i.  When there are times I need a touch of fill flash I use my
SF-20 for the sake of convenience.  For my M6 TTL, I use a Metz 32MZ3
(w/ SCA 3501) - it is more powerful and flexible than the SF-20 but not
as heavy as the 40MZ3i, which has the tendency to knock the rangefinder
out of alignment vertically.

Cheers,
Joseph