Subject: Re: [Leica] New Cosina Voigtlander lenses
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 03:27:19 +0800

Dan Post wrote:

> Dr. Yao-
> Do these new lenses have the figures engraved or painted? They seem like
> such nice lenses, that the tales that the figures on the Heliar and 25mm
> lens are painted on seems somewhat disappointing!
> Dan

Dan,

I am not sure, as I haven't seen the lenses yet.  They won't be
available until next month, for the 35/1.7, and October for the 50/1.5.
I wouldn't too surpirsed if the figures are painted.

Disappointing?  I don't think so.  For $500 or so per lens, I am
thankful that I shall have some excellent lenses to go with my screw
mount Leica bodies!

Bests,

Joseph