Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome: small prints from slides???
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:20:48 +0200

Bruce,

You can get a low-cost scanner but you will get low-cost results. My own
experience with film scanners has been that while a low-cost film scanner (HP
Photosmart) is fine for B&W negatives, to get really good slide scans you have
to spend a bit more (such as the Nikon LS-2000).

Nathan

MicroGrid@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been an observer of this list, normally too busy to read the digest but
> still find the information great. I have been thinking about switching over
> to transp. from negs and like the original poster, have the same problem. I
> was thinking of a digital solution. Could I simply get a low cost scanner,
> and scan my transparencies?
>
> Bruce

- --
Nathan Wajsman