Subject: [Leica] Re: I'm heading for Germany
From: Bill Erfurth <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 23:42:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi George,

At the risk of sounding a little crude..."screw the
Eclipse"

There is so much to see and do in Germany...you won't
even know the Eclipse is happening.

First, arrange to have as much time on the ground in
Germany as possible.  If you can opt for extra days do
it.  You can not imagine what a great country (and
photo-op) Germany is.

You will want to contact the German tourist office in
New York and get all of the information they have.

Heidelberg is a great place to start.  Heidelberg is
the setting for the story of "The Student Prince".

Find out what your time limitations are.  From there,
many of us on the LUG can offer suggestions of places
to go and things to see.

Go to your local book store tomorrow and get a
language tape titled "German, Fast and Easy"  This is
one cassette that sells for about $10 that will teach
you everything you will need to know for your stay in
Germany.  I can't emphasize enough how important it is
to learn some of the German language.

Find out you time frame and let us know.

Kind regards,

Bill

From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>

Hi,

I'm going to be taking a business (grad. school) trip
Heidelberg,
Germany in early August.  With any luck (I was a late
registrant for
the meeting), I'll get to go along on the Eclipse trip
that
they've
scheduled.  Beyond that though, I'm at a loss for
things to
do.

I may have a free day at the beginning of the trip,
and
should have
one or two at the end.

I'll be flying in and out of Frankfurt, and would love
hear about
places to go/things to see between there and my
meeting
(including
interesting camera shops).

g.