Subject: Re: [Leica] speaking of...battery problem?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 11:25:48 -0700

Paul Klingaman wrote:

> Speaking of battery problems...  I read somewhere on the web that the meter
> on the M6 may be inaccurate when batteries are not fresh.  On my last 2
> rolls, my exposures have been not so consistant.  I know it's a poor
> musician who blames his instruments, but could this be so?
><snip>

My M6 has given me consistent exposure over 6.5 years even towards the end of a
battery cycle. When a battery goes, it goes fast; the led's dimming down noticibly.
I recommend dropping the camera from a height of three feet onto a wooden floor
or even concrete. It seems to polarize the delicate components inside the
camera. It worked on mine!

What is your subject matter? Are you compensating for bright lights in the field
of view or in the picture.
If you are truly underexposing your film by a tad and developing your Tri- X (my
main film) a tad more to compensate you are pushing your film. That might make
exposure more critical.
I love cold lights.
Replacing batteries before they're time doesn't make sense to me. I know it
works for you but something is wrong.
Mark Rabiner
I replace no battery before it's time.