Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Lens carrying syggestions
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:10:33 +0100

Marc James Small wrote:

> But ... but .. but.  I splutter.  Leica sells a back-to-back adapter,
> 14838, which they call a "coupling ring".  Costs a mere pittance.  Whyever
> would you MAKE one?

The drawback of the Leica M coupling ring (this not true for the R ring) is that
there is no bottom inside.
You can't use it as a lens cap with only one lens, it's still open.
And you have to be careful when coupling two wide angle lenses together.
The back of the lenses are coming pretty close.

Lucien