Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #31
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 17:56:56 EDT

<<<<<Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mark Cohen <markc@necronomicon.net>
Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL Battery Problem

Hi,

I have an M6 TTL that I keep in the off position. Just tonight (after
replacing the batteries on saturday) I had to replace the batteries again.
Has anyone else had this problem?

- - -Mark>>>>>

I bought a new M6 TTL in early June, and am on the 4th set of batteries.
Ocassionally, I forget to turn it off, but I can't believe that could explain
it.  Maybe it is from the shutter release being pressed down in the bag.  i
noticed that the button extends a few mm's above the level of the top plate
and ot shoe, so it can easily be depressed in the bag.  I got out my ohm
meter, and measuring across the + & - terminals of the battery compartment
(with no battery in place) measure infinite resistance when switched off, and
around 13 or 15 megohms resistance when not on "off" but the button not
depressed.  does anyone know whether this is normal?  Is this true for M6
classics?  I hate to have to send it in for service during the summer months!

Tom Schofield

Mark Cohen
226 San Carlos Street #1          "MIS people have sick, twisted
San Francisco, CA 94110	 	   little minds" -Linus Torvalds

(415) 970-9421