Subject: RE: [Leica] Amateur Photographer testing the R8
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:17:54 +0100

Dan,
To be fair to the A.P., (and I subscibe to read the ads), the semi nudes bit
was trailed as being something they used to do. This was perhaps 10 years
ago or so, but it attracted the name, 'Amateur Pornographer' in some
quarters!
The revision of the magazine came about when political correctness arrived
and it was hard to justify 'How to' articles on 'darkroom printing',
'fill-in flash' and 'macro work' all illustrated with the same subject
matter!
It still lags behind the standard they achieved in the 60's but then so does
'Leica Fotografie', I think the commercial aspect of business these days
requires greater profits for fewer investments, as a result the budget
doesn't allow for a large staff to develop items in depth, cursory articles
are the norm.

Jem