Subject: Re: [Leica] Better Macro Elmarit URL
From: Gerald Hsu <gerald@ha2mpka.eng.sun.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:47:20 -0700 (PDT)

>Gerald: Yes the images speak for themselves. Great color and wonderful rich detail.
>Is there any difference between the older formula (say a 2 or 3 cam) compared to a
>new unit (ROM). I've bought some of the older Leica glass and updated the metering
>cams and find it is some of the best glass out there. Would I be safe in this
>respect with an older 60.
>Cheers Wilber

Hi Wilber:

My vague impression tells me that Leica hasn't made any optical modification to the
60mm Macro Elmarit-R since its inception back in the 70's. I had used an older 3 cam
version a while back, optically it is superb. The one that I currently use is a 3rd
cam version that comes with the 55mm size filter thread. Image quality wise, based on
my own practical experiences, there exists no difference in between the newer and
older version.

Best of light,

Gerald Hsu