Subject: Re: [Leica] why leica?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 09:25:30 -0500 (CDT)

Small, quiet, low light focussing and slow-speed hand holding,
reliable as hell after inevitable factory defects are repaired,
fast lenses if you can afford them, carry a bag full on one shoulder
and hardly notice it....
If your equipment is older and weathered, or 'black-taped', etc...it
is FAR less intrusive than the F5/EOS crowd with their phallic
lenses, etc.....use of short lenses traditionally means more involvement
with subjects, more intimacy....you don't look like a "professional
newsman"........

This drivel assumes of course that you're talking about M-leicas,
which is the subject of this reflector (!)......(yeah, I know,
but read the charter)

Other reasons would fall into the "I like them" category.
Walt

On