Subject: RE: [Leica] why leica? Peters response
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 16:15:42 GMT

Wouldn't it be more fair to asess who "pros" are.  The amount of Leica
equipment used depends greatly on the particular field of professional
photography.  National Geographic should get kickbacks for all the shots of
their photogs lugging Leicas....My guess is that the percentage of Leica
users at newspapers is minimal, and should be since they would offer no
optical or mechanical advantage to a user whos shots are going into a daily.

The percentage of users in the more "esoteric" sides of the business is much
higher.  Consider this;  I can walk into any Barnes and Noble or Borders and
pick up numerous books shot with Leicas, but would be hard pressed to find
Pentax, Minolta or even Contax mentioned as the equipment of choice.  This
despite the dramatic differences in the sales volume of Leica in comparison
to these companies.

Dan