Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: why leica?
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 10:59:29 -0700

> I want to use my brain and my vision for my photographic endeavors.
>
> Rather than some computer programmers brain and vision, sitting in a
> cubicle, in Japan.
>
> Jim Brick

I'm teaching a 3 day workshop next weekend. In my instructions to the
students, I have asked, among other things, that they know how to take their
camera off "automatic" before they come to class.

If I had any choice in the matter, I would give each of them:

1 - manual camera
1 - 50mm (or 35mm) lens of large aperture
100 - rolls of side film.

Wow...what a great 3 days that would be!

Nikon, Canon, Pentax, et al are doing the craft and art of photography no
favors.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA