Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinions needed 400 f5 lens
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 11:48:27 -0700

Dan S. wrote:

>Has anyone used the 400 F5 lens?  I see it for sale locally for very small
>bucks, and if it is any good I may go for it.

It's a decent lens, but better if stopped down. The 6.8 can be used wide
open, is a _lot_ faster to focus, focusses closer, is lighter and has way
more contrast. I had a 400/5 for a couple of years, and used one of the
first versions for a bit as well. When I got the 6.8 the quality of my
shots went up noticeably.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com