Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Hillary's Camera
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 06:42:58 +0000

>Did you know, by the way, that Hillary took not a Leica to the top of
>Everest, but a Retina? Yup, a cheap little folder from Kodak, and it worked
>just fine.
>
>ctrentelman
>Ogden Utah

Does anyone know whether it was a Kodak Retina IIa or a IIc?  I have been
wondering for a long time....

BTW, these Retinas are not some cheap folders from Kodak.  Their Xenon
lenses take some of the most beautiful pictures that I have ever seen.

Dan K.
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
                      in order to gain what he cannot lose."