Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Advice on M3 Purchase
From: Rob McClure <mcclure@udata.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 21:08:10 -0400

Hello,

I was in a reputable camera store today and spotted an M3 SS for $750.
It was very clean with no marks save for a small scrape above one of the
strap lugs and a very small piece of missing leather on the bottom of
the front of the camera.  The camera had no other bright marks, dings,
etc. and the rest of the leather looked good.  The finder was clear and
the slow speeds sounded OK.  It comes with a 30 day guarantee.  Also
available was a very clean chrome 50 DR Summicron f2 with eyes and cap
for $400 and a similar era 35 (I was short on time and failed to note
whether it was a f2 or f2.8) with eyes and cap was available for $300.
Any thoughts on whether these are good deals?  If so, I may sacrifice my
EOS A2 and assorted lenses to buy it! (How's that for dedication?)

Rob McClure