Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #36
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:17:03 EDT

Hi Walt,

I agree that the plastic junk won't work with Speedotrons.  But how does this
explain the R8's, F5's and EOS 1n's?  I use Speedos and to my dismay, fried
the circuit to my R8 twice, the second time after buying a voltage filter.
The second time I fried the circuit because I plugged the PC into the camera
with the flash power on.  I find it inexcusable that "pro" cameras can't be
used on a Speedotron.  Why can't the manufactures build a camera to tolerate
higher line voltages or build the line filter into the circuitry?  The
solution for me was to dump the R8 and go back to the R7.

Bill Rosauer