Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V10 #36
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 13:10:50 -0700

Harrison McClary wrote:

> On 7/25/99 10:30 AM Walter S Delesandri wrote:
>
> >when your
> >"bottom line" is affected, you notice....and rude/incompetent
> >repair service adds to the insult...
><snip>
> Yes this is absurd...guess the makers want everyone to use the dedicated
> flashes....but most of the time, for me at least, when using flash it is
> not a battery powered unit.  Usually using big strobes for location work.
>  I like the White Lightning Ultras since they are made 2 miles from where
> I live.  That is one company others should use for a model in customer
> service.....can not say enough good about Paul Buff Inc.
><snip>
> Best regards,
> Harrison McClary

I use the White Lightning Ultra too and their great Service is right out of the
"Excellence" book to the extent of almost being comical.
Twice in 10 or 12 years after much service I send the thing in and get it back 3
days later having been completely rebuilt to the specks of the improved unit
with apologies that everything wasn't perfect the first time round. The Best
Watt Second per Buck Ratio at the time and still now for what I can see. If the
modeling light goes out you just use a light bulb and my Balcar stuff fits on
it. (Their modeling lights cost $99.99) On the phone I like their accent. I
finally drew the connection between the title "White Lightning" and made in
Tennessee after having the unit for many years.
Mark Rabiner