Subject: [Leica] Re: Shooting vs capturing images
From: "Mike Quinn" <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:13:53 -0700

Phlogiston! Of course! I'd wondered where it had all gone.
Is that why old leicas are better? The phlogiston builds up inside and then
illuminates the subject with even higher resolution when it's finally
released!
I suppose, if you want exposure consistency, you might have to trip the
shutter at each speed a few times to get rid of the excess buid-up...

All is becoming clear. I guess the choke control on the front of the barrel
controls how much phlogiston gets back in...

 Thanks very much. This is surely the best and most interesting group on the
web...

Mike

But is the supply really permanent?...