Subject: [Leica] New Summicron or 2ndhand Summilux 50 mm
From: "Armand ten Dam" <armand@tip.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:33:12 +0100

After having borrowed a friend's M4P for a while I'm currently looking into
buying an M-system myself. The difficulty is with choosing the (first) lens.
I'm interested in buying either a new Summicron 50/2.0 or a 2ndhand
(excellent condition, latest version) Summilux 50/1.4. Both cost the same,
about US$ 850
Could anyone shed a light on differences in optics quality between the two
(if at all present), apart from the Summilux obviously being one stop
faster? In short: which model should I go for if top quality optics is most
important to me?
Cheers,
Armand