Subject: Re: [Leica] Special Edition M6s
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 17:12:04 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:

> It's funny how everyone dumps on the idea of special edition collectable
> Leicas ("Liberacci Specials"), yet get all in a tizzy about the prospects
> of possibly getting this special edition LHSA model.
>
> Dan C.
>
> At 12:37 PM 28-07-99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Frank Filippone wrote:
> >>
> >> ............. the future Black Paint LHSA
> >>
> >> What did I miss here?  There is another LHSA Model to come out?
> >> Can someone fill me in?
> >> Frank
><snip>of a black enamel Leica M6 made for the LHSA. I made a guess at what
> that
> >might cost but have no idea. I thought it might be a user and therefore
> cheaper
><snip>
> >Mark Rabiner

It depends on where you draw the line between the two. Depending on price. If
it's cheap enough you won't
get arrested by the "?????" police for actually taking it outside and shooting a
roll with it. Even a regular Leica made be nervous taking it outside and
shooting a roll of film with it at first.
My friend has a Hasselblad FE with a lens which cost 10 grand. Walking down the
street with him and cameras I expect to get mugged by a Yuppie.
Mark Rabiner