Subject: [Leica] Re: message filtering
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:17:06 -0700

On 28 Jul 99, csocolow wrote, at least in part:

> Malcolm Lubliner wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Netscape 4.0 for email and have tried to establish a Leica
> > users folder and filter to send list message there. So far nothing I've
> > tried works. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Malcolm Lubliner
> > Malcolm Lubliner Photography
> > www.cityvisions.com
> > (510)530-3100
>
> Malcolm,
>
> I created a Leica folder. Then I've instructed the filter to send any mail
> with the subject containing the word Leica to that folder. Since our group
> creator, Brian Reed, has been kind enough to include [Leica] in the
> subject header all LUG messages find their way to their new home. -- Carl

Betcha a nickle, Carl, that your email client will do the filtering on
the "To" header just as easily as it does on the "Subject" header,
thus the [Leica] in the subject isn't necessary and can be better
used for qualifying the content. You know, what a subject line is
all about?

Couldn't resist revisiting this old wound. To Brian's credit, he has
made the Leica2 list available for those of us who like to use the
subject for its purpose. Sadly, there are only about 9 or 10 of us
who subscribe to the Leica2 list. My take is that few on this list
even know about the Leica2 list...or care.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    The will to win is good,