Subject: [Leica] Canadian Leicas
From: "RP Johnson" <rpjohnson2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:28:32 -0700

According to my small reading of Leica camera history (especially Gehester
Sartorius' Identifying Leica Cameras), several of the M series cameras were
made in Canada.  In fact, as I understand it, all of the M4-2 and M4-P
cameras were made there.

My question is:  what happened to the Canandian facility?  M6's aren't made
there now and I have not heard that any other Leica cameras (or lenses) are
being manufactured in Canada.  Was the Canadian plant just an assembly site
or were components actually manufactured there?

Thank you.

rp johnson