Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Lens Designs and history
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 20:24:27 -0700

Yes, the KOnica III and S series were Planar based designs (I own a I, II,
IIM, and S2).  I have the close up for the IIIM but none for the S2.  Konica
made superb rangefinder lenses.  Their Planar-type lenses are the identical
design (and size) of the Contax G 45mm Planar.  If you want a rangefinder
with a killer optic for a fraction of what the Contax 45mm Planar alone
would cost (but its equal optically), pick up an S2 which sports the 50mm
F1.8 Planar type.  (About $65 on the used market).
Hey, I know its not a Leica, but for $65 you can take it anywhere and if it
disappears you won't be heartbroken like you would if it were your M6 and
Summ.

Peter K