Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Special Edition M6s
From: "Aaron Ruby" <aruby@rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:28:09 -0400

Bill wrote:

> AS far as availability, they will be available to all LHSA members.

<snip>

> Again, the entire project will be low key, close in appearance to the black
> paint M4.  We are not buying any fancy boxes or lenses.  Just the camera.  My
> intention is that every member of the LHSA now has a chance to own a new
> black paint M camera.  The black M cameras have always held a special
> attraction for both the collector and the users black and brassy veteran.

As a newish LUGer and and even newer LHSA member, I wonder what the chances
of having vulcanite used as a body covering rather than the usual
'cheapanite' normally used on the M6. It seems to me that a black enamel M6
with vulcanite would be an absolute dream for both collector and user alike
and should not make production costs prohibitive.

A. Ruby