Subject: [Leica] tools
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:40:27 -0400

>A hammer is a tool.  How many carpenters buy and use those special limited
>edition hammers?  If the camera is just a tool to be used, it makes no
>sense to worry about whether brass shows through the paint or not, or
>whether there is a cute little logo engraved on the top.  You should be too
>busy using the tool to even notice things like this.

>Not that there's anything wrong with special edition leicas.  If you like
>them,  buy them.   Just stop calling them tools.

If my Leica were merely a tool I'd have fun and write 'Canon' all over it.
Heck, it wouldn't bother me...
Also a hammer is a tool a Leica is a camera (or a lens  or).  You wouldn't
use a hammer to take pictures (unless you wanted to be inconspicuous).  I
never have asked another photographer hey, what kind of tool is that?  He's
be thinking tool...and then you would wish you had a hammer.