Subject: [Leica] Re: Mail Clients: Was Message Filtering
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:47:11 -0700

On 30 Jul 99, Bud Cook wrote, at least in part:

> Roger,
> Since you need a browser anyway and since both Microsoft and Netscape
> provide state-of-the-art client software for free, why would you not use
> it? Have you used Communicator or Outlook Express?

I've used them, Bud, but not extensively, It could be argued that
I'm not as familiar with them as I am the two that I discussed
earlier. When I did look at them, I sure saw nothing to alter my
satisfaction of my choices over them.

As a matter of principle, almost, I tend to prefer dedicated items
in almost any field. My M6 and R6.2 illustrate that as well as
anything. Many shotguns, for specific target shooting events
further this hang-up. I have 16 yard trap guns, guns for doubles
shooting, two for handicap events (depending on what yardage
I'm shooting from at any given time, skeet guns and several for
different kinds of game.

I brought it up, mainly to offer some, apparently without the
knowledge, that there are free dedicated email clients that will
handle filtering in any way that I've ever been able to think of and
seemingly every way that gurus have thought of that never occur
to me. It appears that many aren't aware of or can not filter on
other than the subject lines.

Ya see, deep down, I just can't get it through my thick skull why
anyone feels that the %*&#@  [Leica] tagline is necessary. 8^)

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org