Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm Summicron
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:56:50 -0500

Skip,
I believe that the lens was made around 1981.  That is a six element lens
which is reputed to have lost some resolution when the original 8 element
lens was recomputed.

I would look for a seven element pre-ASPH Summicron, preferably one
manufactured after 1990.

I think I paid around $1,050 for a brand new one last year from Jim Kuehl.
A mint used seven element version might not cost any more than your dealer
is asking for that old one.  Try calling Don Chatterton or Jim Kuehl for a
price.
Bud Cook