Subject: [Leica] RE: OT, was: Re: message filtering
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:14:21 -0700

On 30 Jul 99, Paul Chefurka wrote, at least in part:

> The best $29 USD I ever spent was on Agent from Forte Inc.  It is an
> email/newsgroup package that is without peer IME.  Intuitive, robust,
> flexible, and all the defaults are what I would have chosen anyway. Works
> on-line or off-line with equal aplomb.  There is a free version called
> FreeAgent which lacks some features, but is otherwise just as good.

I use Agent 1.5 for news only. That's what it's best at.

> I agree with the comment about dedicated tools - I'd rather use something
> that does one job well rather than 4 jobs poorly. (I'd like to make a
> comment here about owning an SLR rather than a Viso for this reason, but
> in the interests of harmony I'll refrain :-)

Good judgment, Paul. Otherwise Marc will be in on this one with
fangs barred. But you see, here I'm going against my own
blatherings. I use R because it lets me do well most of what the
Viso does and is a lot more convenient, to me at least, when
transitioning between Viso specific stuff and every day, walking
around stuff. But then, most would argue that an M is better for
most walking around stuff. Oh me, decisions, decisions.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    I am Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you will be approximated.