Subject: Re: [Leica] Special Edition M6s
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:07:31 +0200

Jeremy Kime wrote:

> Doctor,
> I think if I can re-iterate what Bill has already said, with regard to this
> particular camera, what the LHSA has strived to achieve is a user's camera,
> at a user's price, ie as similar as possible to an ordinary (M6/TTL) shop
> price.

I don't think 3,000$ is expensive for a
'brand new factory made Black paint M6TTL'.
Specially in such a small quantity.
I was expecting a higher price.
Not hoping!
(And I know that 3,000$ is a lot of money,
but not a lot of money for 'that', IMHO)

Well done, Bill!

I'm sure it will be a great success.
And I bet that the kind souls who will not buy it
at that price, will be really sorry later...

And by the way, I intend to use it.
For me it will not be a collector piece, but a successful
attempt to bring back the delicious feeling of the
'good old black and brassy M4', and that with a meter cell.

Like the M6J brought back the M3 feeling.
To bad it was not commissioned by the LHSA,
at a much lower price.
;-)

I believe the Black paint LHSA will be the nicest camera
made by Leica since a long time.
And I'm not the only one.

Bravo again, Bill.

Lucien