Subject: Re: [Leica] New LTM Leica lenses ?? Is this a joke.
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horst.schmidt@actek.com.au>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 09:41:54 +1000

Lucien wrote:

> WARNING: THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL!
>
> LUGers,
>
> I heard this afternoon, that Leica is coming back
> with 3 lenses in LTM, for the first time since 1964.
>
> 35/1,4 ASPH, 50/1,4 and 50/2.
>
> The prices seem to be close to the bayonet versions.
>
> Is this a joke ?
> My source is normally reliable, but I don't know about his own source.
>
> If it's true, it may be a nice move.
> To challenge Konica, Cosina and Minolta on their own ground
> instead of waiting in Solms Castle.
>
> Lucien

 Lucien,  I suppose it costs very little to make the back end of a Leica
lens in to a screw mount type. Even if they sell only a relative small
quantity, it will be worth while. It will give the screw mount enthusiast
a chance to use modern Leica lenses. If it is true, it is a good move.

Regards, Horst Schmidt