Subject: [Leica] Re: Help: 1/5th sec on IIIf red dial
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@gusta.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 10:25:17 -0400

SOME of these lenses (early ones) contain tadioactive thorium which has
caused changes to the glass, causing a yellowing of the glass and therefore
warmer results. Perhaps you have one of these?

Ken Wilcox

    While, I'm on, here's one: my 50/2 LTM Summicron yields slides
>slightly-but-noticeably warmer than my other LTM lenses. I'm running a
>test now using an 82A filter to cool things off a couple hundred deg.K.
>Anyone else have this? (Change the subject head if you reply.)
>Stan Yoder
>Pittsburgh

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA			  		                <wilcox@gusta.net>