Subject: [Leica] Re: A most daring proposition.
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 09:08:16 -0700

At 09:59 AM 8/1/99 -0400, DonJ wrote:

>It is reassuring that Mr. Puts has now reported that Solms is NOT Wetzlar
nor
>Leitz but a new concern doing things differently.  Thus, the old names of
>Leitz and Wetzlar are not depreciated by what now carries the name Leica
>stamped rather than engraved on the M cameras.  Until Mr. Puts so reported,
>it is likely many did not believe Leica customers and users were dealing
with
>a completely different organization with a completely different
manufacturing
>policy from that of E. Leitz Wetzlar.  Now Mr. Puts has etched it in stone
>for everyone and it is no longer subject to debate.  Now when you are
>handling a Solms camera that have Leica stamped on it, you will know you are
>NOT handling a E. Leitz Wetzlar made camera.  We are indebted for Mr. Puts
>confirmation of this fact.
>
>Thank you Mr. Puts!

Yes indeed, thank you Mr. Puts. Thank you for explaining how it is that we
can still, today, purchase new and better Leica products. New and better
lenses. And at prices that, because of these new production techniques, are
affordable. Can you imagine what a Leica would cost if produced the same
way it was produced 20 years ago? What I can imagine, is that Leica would
no longer exist.

Jim