Subject: [Leica] Re: cleaning a summarit...
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 09:41:01 -0700

On 1 Aug 99, Dan Post wrote, at least in part:

> Don't take it apart! It is a vary complicated design. I tinkered with one,
> and ended up sending it (the pieces!) to Golden Touch- it came back
> looking like new! If it is at all salvagable, send it to Sherry. It will
> be worth the trouble if the glass itself is in good shape. She is a
> wonder- ( As we say down here, in th' souf'- She can sop her tater in my
> gravy, anytime!) BTW, it ain't no Summilux, but I have had no complaints
> with the results! Dan

Though it is easy to be enthusiastic about Sherry. Met her, too,
and she's doll, but I've not had problems with my Leica stuff yet,
therefore haven't had the opportunity.

I have had some Minox work done by DAG, Don Goldberg, and
there is another top notch repairguy. I heard an estimate that
some 75% of his work is Leica, but he does have this great ability
with the real small stuff, but, WTH, that's still in the family.

Several others with excellent references, also. We're fortunate to
have this wonderful support by individuals rather than being
married to only factory service. May it always be!

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

      Keep quiet, you're always interrupting