Subject: [Leica] Rigid Summar
From: Coresect <coresect@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 21:21:55 +0200

So, the Summar 50 mm on my III is indeed rigid (thanks to Marc and
others for helping me figure it out). Seeing as the rigid was rare (very
rare according to Camera Quest) it should be worth more, correct? I've
been told that the optical quality is no better or worse than the
collapsible model so my thought was thus: I'm more a user than collector
(perhaps "enthusiast" could resolve the debate between the two?) so if
it was indeed worth more I'd rather trade it in and pick up two lenses
(a normal Summar 50 mm and a wide-angle or a telephoto, let's say).
What's the list's opinion? Is it worth more? Enough to do the trade?
What lenses (cheap but usable) would be recommended?
Thanks,
Paul