Subject: Re: [Leica] Oft rumored Motor Drive for R8
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <a222@redrose.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 22:15:58 -0400

SP wrote:
<snipped Germenglish>

CH - Continuous High - 4.5 FPS
CL - Continuous Low - 2 FPS
S - Single - single wind
680 grams with battery pack

article claims it is very quiet

automatic bracketing support, selectable in half or full EVs

quick charger for rechargeable batteries gives recharge in 1 hour;
charger can be driven by various power sources, incl. car battery

approx 1000 exposures before recharge needed

price approx 1500 DM (quote.yahoo.com says this is

interview seems to indicate one of the design goals was functioning in
temperatures down to -20 (Celsius I would assume).

I couldn't quite figure out what he was talking about with NiMH
batteries.

I hate to say it, but other camera companies do seem to have figured out
how to make motor drives that work.

Didn't the Canon T90 have 4.5FPS motor drive, like 10 years ago?  And
Olympus had 5FPS on the OM1n as well?

The 3 year lag is a black mark on Leica.

./patrick