Subject: [Leica] Assembly/Outsourcing and Manufacture
From: "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@umb.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 23:10:26 -0400

- ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01BEDD3C.35E92280

I agree with Harold Gess.  Especially in this new economy, I consider =
the brand label (Leica, Dell or whatever) responsible for delivering a =
quality product to me. I am not overly concerned whether German, =
Japanese or any other parts are in it as long as they match up to the =
specifications and the brander (it's awkward but I'm trying to avoid the =
word manufacturer) stand behind them.  And that's my experience; I've =
never had a computer manufacturer tell me that unfortunately that piece =
was outsourced and so they really don't want to troubleshoot it.=20

I use a lot of Hasselblad equipment but I don't everything to be =
constructed using those talented Swedish fingers.

stuart phillips

- ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01BEDD3C.35E92280

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I agree with Harold Gess.&nbsp; =
Especially in this=20
new economy, I consider the brand label (Leica, Dell or whatever) =
responsible=20
for delivering a quality product to me. I am not overly concerned =
whether=20
German, Japanese or any other parts are in it as long as they match up =
to the=20
specifications and the brander (it's awkward but I'm trying to avoid the =
word=20
manufacturer) stand behind them.&nbsp; And that's my experience; I've =
never had=20
a computer manufacturer tell me that unfortunately that piece was =
outsourced and=20
so they really don't want to troubleshoot it. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I use a lot of Hasselblad equipment but =
I don't=20
everything to be constructed using those talented Swedish =
fingers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>stuart =
phillips</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0065_01BEDD3C.35E92280--