Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Darkroom to digital
From: "Simon Pulman-Jones" <spulmanjones@lbs.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:40:09 +0100

All this talk has inspired me to take the plunge and get into digital
printing after holding off whilst waiting for the prices to come down and
the hardware to mature. From the various posts I have a good idea of the
scanners and printers to look at, but can anybody post some advice about a
minimum specification PC for doing the work. My only PC at the moment is an
overloaded Pentium 133 laptop which I assume will not be up to the job. So,
how much memory, how much storage, what type of interface (I've lost track
of the recent interface developments) etc.

The only thing that bothers me is that I just know that during that early
learning, experimenting and mistake-making phase I am going to be sitting in
front of the computer all day and all night and exasperating the rest of the
family!