Subject: Re: [Leica] optical essentialism
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 12:59:59 +0200

At 4:13 am +0200 3/8/99, Chandos Michael Brown wrote:
snip
>I'd be curious to know whether other members of the LUG have their own
>'reference' images--I'm not talking mere sharpness here, but, rather images
>that perfectly capture the gestalt of M or R photography.
snip

Hi, Chandos.
For me, a 60mm Makro-Elmarit for R, and 75mm Summilux and 35mm
Summicron-asph for M.

The 60mm Makro-Elmarit can be called a semi-classic and retains some old
Leica character (good reproduction with enough fidelity).  I won't have to
say anything about the 75'lux (good reproduction with very high fidelity).
The 35mm Summicron asph may be the reference for the modern Leica glass
(utmost high fidelity).  I would assume a 90mm apo Summicron and a 100mm
Makro-Elmarit are on the same lines.

Cheers,

Mikiro